The Adult Social Care Policy, Procedure and Practice (APPP) site has been created specifically for local authority adult social care services.
FORTHCOMING CARE QUALITY COMMISSION INSPECTIONS
Click on the link to see how our APPP sites can support you in the pre-planning and inspection process: PPP APPP Plan for Inspections.
- We believe Policy Partners Project are very knowledgeable about their field. This has been demonstrated in the content they have provided, through the suggestions they have made in terms of developing the site and in terms of their understanding and appreciation of how local authorities work. We have been happy with the content provided and have only altered it where Manchester processes are more localised.
- PPP have managed the process very well. They have provided very clear timescales and expectations of the Policy Portal (the APPP) project and have provided us with tools to enable us meet those timescales and requirements.
- They have worked well in partnership with us; they have provided guidance and support when necessary and are extremely approachable. They have suggested different ways of doing things and innovative ideas for areas such as the launch events. They have met with us when needed and linked us in to other customers in order for us to benefit from their experience.
- We are very pleased with the Portal. We have secured buy in from senior managers and it has been well received by our staff and managers. Positive feedback has been received all round.
- PPP have been extremely helpful and flexible. They have been understanding of local authority processes and restrictions around the contract and payments and were very flexible in terms of this. They have also been flexible with timescales and adjusted them accordingly where necessary. They are always on hand to assist if we have any queries and will always look to find a quick and effective solution to any issues.
- They respond to all issues raised in a timely manner and try and resolve in an effective and efficient way.
- We would recommend Policy Partners and the Portal. We add a caveat that if organisations decide to utilise the portal they should be aware that it does require quite significant resourcing from themselves in order to get the most out of the system.
Manchester City Council
- key national legislation, policy and practice guidance, including the Care Act and Care and Support Statutory Guidance;
- all content is edited and formatted for ease of access;
- linked resources including legislation, guidance, key Safeguarding Adult Review reports, glossary, regular briefings, provider resource documents;
- local content can be integrated;
- branding, by using your corporate colours and logo.
- adapts to smart phone and tablet technology, enabling it to be used by staff who work remotely or require information during home visits;
- update email alert to all registered staff to inform of latest changes;
- Practice Hotspots area, managed by you hosting current practice information, including staff presentations, key messages from senior managers, Safeguarding Adult Review reports, etc;
- local document store for leaflets and forms, directly managed by you;
- reading confirmation – staff can sign when they have read chapters;
- ePractice – short online quizzes for staff to test their understanding of key chapter content;
- monitoring of site usage;
- email / newsletter facility to communicate APPP site news;
- links to electronic recording systems.
Click on the links below to view customer APPP sites.
Adult Social Care: